Today I’d like to share with you the baby shower I had for my twins. The theme was Thing 1/ Thing 2, perfect for twins. We had so much fun planning this party and even more fun there!
Everything from the invitations, to the food & even a game were Dr. Seuss themed.
My sister in law is SUPER crafty and does an amazing job with cards and invitations. She came up with two different invites and had me pick which one I liked best.
This was the invite:
|Thing 1 Thing 2 Baby Shower Invite
This is my copy of the invite, I still have it and the baby shower was almost two years ago! The only part that is missing from this invite is Thing 2 had a red bow in her hair. After almost two years the bow has fallen off but still the cutest invite ever! I tried to get her to open in Etsy shop for a while but she wasn’t into it.
|Inside of invite
The invitation read:
Why yes! Yes, its True!
The Hawes Twins are almost due!
Aidan and Audree will soon be here
Lets shower Lauree before the date is too near!
June is the Month
The 12th is the day
From 1 to 4 we will play
I liked the wording, it sounded very Dr. Seuss[ish] to me
Everything we served was named after a Dr. Seuss book or character…
1. Green Eggs & Ham: Deviled Eggs [yolks dyed green] with prosciutto
|Green Eggs & Ham
2. The Cats Mac and Cheese: Alfredo Macaroni & Cheese with a bread crumb topping
3. Pink Yink Ink Drink: Strawberry Lemonade people either added this to champagne or drank it alone
4. Biggel Balls: 3 different cheeses made into balls then rolled in nut crumbs
5. Schlottz Knots: Homemade Soft Pretzels
|Biggel-Balls and Schlottz Knots
6. River of Nobsk Corn off the Cobsk: Caramel Popcorn in paper cones
|Carmel Popcorn in homemade paper cones
7. Brown & Blacks Snacks: Cucumber Cream Cheese Tea Sandwhiches
|Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
8. Thing 1, Thing 2 Cupcakes: Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Blue Cotton Candy Hair
Important note about these cupcakes
They looked like this at first
Then after I’d say 10 minutes they looked like this [granted it was June in So. CA but still]
| melted cotton candy cupcakes
Take it from me and serve these bad boys right away and take pictures first!
We had red, white and teal tissue pom poms hanging from the ceiling
“Welcome Aidan & Audree” sign
We had 8 tables and the centerpieces were 8 different Dr. Seuss books and festive pin wheels
We played 3 different games:
How well do you know Dr. Seuss Books?
How fast can you pair socks?
How big is Mommy’s Belly?
The Dr. Seuss Game was the most difficult game, we had all of the food items items labeled [1-8] and each food matched one of the 8 books we had out.
Here are the answers to the game:
1. Green Eggs & Ham: Green Eggs & Ham
2. The Cats Mac & Cheese: The Cats Quizzer
3. Pink Yink Ink Drink: One fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
4. Biggel Balls: The Sleep Book
5. Schlottz Knots: Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?
6. River of Nobsk Corn off the Cobsk: If I Ran the Zoo
7. Brown & Blacks Snacks: Hop on Pop
8. Thing 1 Thing 2 Cupcakes: Cat in the Hat
The pair socks game was to go along with the “twin” aspect of the baby shower. We timed guests in pairing about 15 different kinds of baby socks together to see who could do it the fastest. It was fun to see who was fast, I have to say it was a close game between two moms!
How big is mommy’s belly game is just a simple cut the string to the size you think the pregnant mom is. I had a lot of fun with this game because I was pregnant with twins… people were crazy with just how big they thought I was.
We used party bags from Michaels [usually used for weddings] then glued Thing 1, Thing 2 labels to the tops. Each bag was filled with Strawberry Jelly Bellys [My Favorite!]
|Thing 1 Thing 2 Party Favors
Hope you enjoyed this party as much as I did!
This was shared with
Ginger Snap Crafts
Live Laugh Rowe